The Inner Beauty Center has a drop-in center open every Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 4:00 pm to 7:00.
Women attend the center and are served a nutritious home cooked meal prepared by volunteer cooks. Women visit the Clothing Boutique to choose donated clothing. Personal care items are given and a licensed beautician provides free haircuts a few times a month
Monday, Wednesday Friday between the hours of 3pm and 8pm. Our street outreach teams offer bags lunches, seasonal items and a harm-reduction resource sheet that includes the Human Trafficking Hot Line number.
Tuesday 2:30pm -3:30pm we offer a snack and a harm-reduction resource sheet as a way to remind women we are open.
- Drop in center open 113 times this year.
- Served 572 meals through the drop in center.
- Center was visited by 102 women
- 1200+ volunteer hours
- Conducted Outreach 88 times this year
- Distributed 300+ bag lunches during Friday outreach.
- 705 accumulated contacts during outreach to approximately 225 individuals.
- Assisted 4 women through the Bridge to the Future Fund
- Provided direct services to 30+ victims of Human Trafficking
- Assisted 6 women into treatment programs
- Attended MPD District 2 Target Team monthly meetings.
- Partnered with Pathfinders and Benedict Center to produce an existing harm reduction/resource sheet 6 times in 2019
- Participated in the Ascension State Human Trafficking Advisory Committee.
Our 2020 – 2021 Goals:
- Expand our volunteer resource to meet specific needs
- Recruit individuals with specific skills to grow our board
- Continue building collaborative relationships with other organizations and Law Enforcement
- Begin preparations to open a Transitional Home
- Train additional Client Advocates
- Raise monthly support to sustain operational costs, employ up to 4 employees at part-time wages